Blend Line Operator - Night Shift
The Utility (Blend Line) Operator will manufacture nonwoven product to required specifications through the proper setup and operation of an automated production line. The Utility (Blend Line) operator will also follow all procedures and work instructions, achieve optimal productivity, quality, and safety assuring internal and external customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follow all Safety Guidelines & Procedures (i.e. LOTO, Guarding)
• Understand and follow manual shop orders.
• Understand, identify and differentiate utilizing a shop order.
• Understand and operate Blend Line functions (turn on, turn off, setting the hopper %, adjustments to eveners, doffers, aprons).
• Understand and visually identify Customer Critical Characteristics (color, telescoping, contamination)
• Able to rotate in and work on production line as needed.
• Must be able to move raw, work-in-progress (WIP), non-conforming and finished materials using the appropriate method.
• Utilize Adage to report production (assign bin location, lot & down time reporting, print weight sheets).
• Identify product fiber component specifications needed to acquire the desired blend of the product.
• Actively participate in PMs - Inspect & clean Card, Lapper, Ovens, Slitter, Winderhead with team members
• Measure, weigh and count products and materials as needed.
• Record product, packaging and other information on specified forms.
• Actively participate in 6S Process and maintain housekeeping during the shift.
• Assist Maintenance Technicians with any and all mechanical repairs.
• Other duties as assigned.
You may apply Online at http://www.prima-core.com/job-seekers.html or contact our Recruiters at 210-647-6076 our physical address is 12315 Judson Rd, Ste. 318, Live Oak, 78233.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One to three years of experience working in manufacturing preferred, nonwovens experience is a plus, but not required.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write or construct simple correspondence.
• Ability to add/subtract/multiply/divide and perform basic math skills.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to touch, handle, or feel.
• The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work 12 hour shifts every other weekend with when business demands warrant a 24-7 continuous operation.
• Occasional mandatory overtime which may include Saturdays/Sundays.