Job Title: CNC Programmer
Position requires the ability to develop CNC machining programs/methods that reflect the most efficient method possible to meet TAM’s requirements for quality, cost and on-time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
· Develops and updates CNC machining programs to accurately machine components per SolidWorks and CAD models, drawings and specifications using G and M codes. Candidate must be skilled in the use of industry accepted programming software (Master Cam and etc) and willing to be trained on Virtual Gibbs.
· Documents part programs with instructions and in-process drawings with high degree of accuracy so machinist can understand with ease instructions on how to run the programs.
· Interface with Machinists and Manufacturing Supervisors to develop most efficient method to manufacture products and recommend improvement needed.
· Develops cost effective tool design concepts appropriate to the configurations being programmed and machined.
· Assist in managing expendable tooling inventory.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Special Position Requirements:
· 5+ years as a CNC programmer using CAM software and must fully understands G and M CNC programming codes.
· 5+ years of experience as a CNC machinist including the ability to perform his/her own set ups.
· Mechanical aptitude and experience with regards to working on machine tools, equipment, etc.
· Possesses the ability to run the programs which have been created on the applicable CNC machines to produce production parts.
· Demonstrates the ability to communicate and work with manufacturing staff as needed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Interpersonal Skills- Focus on resolving issues and remains open to others’ ideas. Oral and Written Communication- Listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions and writes clearly and informatively. Quantity and Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and applies feedback to improve performance, the candidate also completes work in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
· Blueprint reading / Understanding of Geometry and Tolerances.
· Mechanical Inspection techniques.
· CNC Programming.
· Firsthand knowledge of G and M CNC Programming codes.
Education and/or/Experience: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, and at least 5 to 10 years of experience, or a combination of education and experience. Outside course work will be available on an as need basis to ensure that all goals are achieved
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and to complete routine reports.
Ability to use all working mathematical calculations required to perform the duties of qualified CNC programmer.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings as they pertain to machining of inflatable packers or related downhole tools. Must have own tools adequate to perform job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic and caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud
Must pass a background check and drug screen!!!!
Apply at www.prima-core.com
Please contact prima core 832-460-5128