Codes & Product Compliance Specialist
This position is responsible for establishing objectives as well as ensuring effective achievement of operational objectives; performs all other duties as required.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide direction, leadership, and expertise with Americas Codes and Standards to support the continued growth of the business.
- Research and analyze applicable laws and regulations to help provide guidance to business units on product-related and operational compliance matters.
- Provide Codes & Compliance related thought leadership and support for the company on a global basis.
- Provide insight, feedback and assistance to other technology teams as needed.
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering & R&D, Legal Team, and Manufacturing Facilities.
- Demonstrate the leadership in industry associations, work groups, committee positions, etc. to advance the company's objectives, support primary responsibilities and gain industry knowledge.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar, Master’s preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with Building Codes, Product Standards, Product Certification and Regulatory Compliance with focus on the Plumbing & HVAC industries.
- Ability to develop, maintain and report activities to senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to: problem solving, decision making, influencing, change management, written and oral communications along with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
- Skilled in leading multi-discipline teams working on solutions for improved product positioning in codes and industry.
- Performs all other duties as required.
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in an office environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)