CSR Oder Entry Clerk
This is a good opportunity for someone that wants to build a career.
Will be working in the customer service department.
Room to grow in the company. Yearly performance reviews when full time.
Good place to work, tons of people there that have been there for years!
Responsible for receiving, entering and processing sales, shipping and repair orders; providing customer service information; and performing other office support related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The fundamental duties and tasks that define the job.
1. Provides product and billing information, such as: tracking numbers, order status, price/proforma quotes, COD’s and freight costs to customers via telephone and electronically.
2. Receives purchase orders via telephone or electronically through fax or computer; verifies and enters information, such as: pricing, items being ordered, COD cash in advance or open account into computer system.
3. Calculates credits, price quotes, taxes, COD’s and freight costs on quotes and purchase orders.
4. Works closely with Customer Service Technical Support to assure customer success.
5. Receives and enters rush orders; when accounts are on credit hold, notifies accounting for appropriate disposition.
6. Prepares packs with special shipping/packing instructions before releasing for shipping.
7. Prepares repair estimates, obtains customer approval and processes request.
8. Coordinates shipments between factory, customer and forwarder.
9. Prepares documents for processing credits, debits and RMA’s.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SECTION II – JOB DIMENSIONS
CONTACTS: Nature of contacts, external relationships and internal relationships.
Provides general and technical information related to sales orders, vouchers, billing and products.
Internal Contacts: Frequent contact with co-workers from various departments. Communication is through e-mail, fax, face-to-face, and telephone.
External Contacts: Continuous contact with customers, distributors and sales representatives to receive and process purchase orders, to provide product/pricing and shipping information and/or handle complaints. Communication is primarily through e-mails, fax and telephone.
RESPONSIBILITY: Supervision given, accountability, safety, budgeting, spending authority and confidentiality.
Primary responsibility is to respond to customer service requests and process purchase orders.
DIFFICULTY: Judgment, initiative and decision-making.
Follows established guidelines or procedures in performing essential job functions.
GUIDANCE: Supervision received and level of independence.
Employee receives direct supervision when performing the essential job functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working environment and other conditions of employment.
Working conditions are primarily in an office environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Utilized in the performance of the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to provide customer service
- Skill in verbal and written communications
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of and skill in operating personal computer and other office equipment
- Knowledge of and skill in basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of and ability to process purchase orders
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Ability to accurately perform detailed routine tasks using a computer
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in processing purchase orders for relatively complex configurable products
Special Requirements: International Positions
- Spanish bilingual proficiency, including reading and writing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical requirements associated with performance of the Essential
Physical requirements include carrying/lifting 10 lbs and occasionally up to 25 lbs.; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate computer keyboard, telephone and basic office equipment; subject to carrying, lifting, twisting and reaching to perform essential job functions.