Customer Service Order Entry
Primary responsibility is to respond to customer service requests and process purchase orders.
Responsible for receiving, entering and processing sales, shipping and repair orders; providing customer service information; and performing other office support related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Provides product and billing information, tracking numbers, order status, price/proforma quotes, COD’s and freight costs to customers via telephone and electronically.
- Receives purchase orders via telephone or electronically; verifies and enters information like pricing, items being ordered, COD cash in advance or open account into system.
- Calculates credits, price quotes, taxes, COD’s and freight costs on quotes and purchase orders and receives and enters rush orders.
- When accounts are on credit hold, notifies accounting for appropriate disposition.
- Works closely with Customer Service Technical Support to assure customer success.
- Prepares packs with special shipping/packing instructions before releasing for shipping.
- Coordinates shipments between factory, customer and forwarder.
- Prepares documents for processing credits, debits and RMA’s.
- Supports new hire training and cross-training to ensure business continuity.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization and safety of workarea; follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Follows established procedures and/or guidelines in performing essential job functions to comply with all company policies and applicable legal requirements.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Graduation from High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate; one year experience preferred. Experience in manufacturing environment desired.
· Experience in processing purchase orders for relatively complex configurable products.
· Initiative and organizational ability for effective time management and ability to adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
· Proficient in operating personal computer and other office equipment.
· Knowledge of and skill in basic mathematical calculations.
· Ability to interpreting sales orders and to maintain records.
· Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner, listen attentively and provide customer service tactfully verbally and in writing internally/externally
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
· General knowledge of commercial security and door hardware products preferred.
· Be willing to work weekend and extended hours as required.
· Spanish bilingual proficiency, including reading and writing desired.