Customer Service Technical Phone Support
Responsible for providing technical probem resolution, troubleshoot issues with security products, and provides customer service support over the phone. Also responsible for onsite/offsite product training, providing electronic technical support, installing equipment, maintaining records of customer interactions and collaborating with others to improve customer service requirements and satisfaction. Completes other related duties as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Provide daily support to users of various computer systems including answering questions, analyzing problems, and quickly forming solutions to ensure proper operation of company products.
- Provide technical and sales customer support services for security products over the phone and electronically.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with end users, colleagues, and management to quickly resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Increase personal technical knowledge by reading trade publications, operating manuals, and diagnostics information, and attending conferences or seminars.
- Routinely observe operational performance and install of security product and updates when necessary to increase product knowledge and technical skills.
- Maintain detailed records of daily interactions with customers, installation activities, reported issues, and completed solutions along with any further actions required of management, returns, replacements or repair personnel.
- Develop training manuals and troubleshooting procedures to help both support personnel and end users interact properly with security products.
- Reads and works with drawings, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics and work orders.
- Test and repair electronic boards, parts, hardware and other manufactured security products using hand tools and power tools and machinery.
- Ship product parts under warranty and for repairs or lost items to customers.
- Attends, sets-up demos and actively participates during tradeshows.
- Provides on-site/off-site product training to vendors, sales dealers, staff, etc…
- Maintains logs and reports; customer phone, repair, inventory logs/reports ect…
- Evaluates and critiques installation instructions and new products for continuous improvement and communicates identified opportunities to supervisor.
· Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by Detex to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
· Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment.
Performs other duties as directed.
Associates degree in electronics and/or help desk support technician with windows desktop certification (MSCDST Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and three-years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience and willingness to learn through on-the-job training.
· Knowledge of electronic principles, concepts and testing procedures.
· Ability to read and interpret installation instructions, blueprints, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics and work orders.
· Ability to quickly identify problems, form solutions, and execute step-by-step troubleshooting procedures on electronic and hardware products.
· Ability to troubleshoot electronic and hardware products.
· Ability to use electronic testing equipment, measuring devices and hand tools.
· Ability to use various soldering and wiring technics.
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
· Skills in effectively listening and communicating verbally and in writing.
· Strong communication skills and ability to remain calm and professional in all circumstances and ability to use tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to compile and maintain records, logs and organize reports.
· Ability to operate office equipment; computer, phones, fax, etc…
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
· Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
· Bilingual; English/Spanish, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
· Work involves frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment.
Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, objects and operate telephone, computer keyboard, basic office and shipping equipment which are essential aspects of this position.