ELASTOMER MACHINIST (RUBBER SHOP)
Our client is seeking an elastomer machinist to perform set up and operation of manual machinery (lathe and/or mill) in order to prepare metallic and non-metallic parts required in the production of inflatable packers and downhole tools or other products
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
**Quality Candidates will be successful with the following**
• Review blueprints, drawings, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of part/product, sequence of operations, and/or set up requirements.
• Measure, mark, and otherwise indicate the dimensions and reference points on the part or material to be used as guides for subsequent machining.
• Select, align, and secure the holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines to include mills, lathes, and grinders.
• Unload curing oven of materials needed to be turned down for the day, strap them onto crane hooks and load American Turnmaster lathes and Weiler E70 lathes with mandrels
• Set lathe to reverse to unwrap nylon from each piece, indicate each end to the center, and shim when applicable
• Calculate finish diameter using print specifications and engineer’s formulas for setting up cutting tools according to turn-down STN or HSN rubber compound elements and bladders.
• Ideal candidate will have experience with elastomer machines; polymers; turning rubber
• Lathe machinist (manual lathe) background is a STRONG PLUS
**Training and orientation will be provided**