Inventory Control Clerk (2nd Shift)
Our client is seeking an Inventory Control Clerk to compile records related to MRP, ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, cycle counting, and shipping materials, parts, supplies, and equipment. Participate in expediting the flow of material, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments.
(This position works 2nd shift: training will be done for approximately 2 months working the 1st shift and then transition to the 2nd shift. [2:30pm - 12am])
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
**Quality Candidates will be successful with the following**
- Compile and maintain manual or computerized records, including material inventory, in-process production reports, and location of materials.
- Perform daily cycle counts of inventory location to maintain accurate perpetual inventory
- Interpret MRP output to schedule the issuance of manufacturing work orders and purchase requisitions.
- Maintains strong organizational skills with a focus on customer service support to the production department.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, working with little supervision & direction. Willing to take ownership of his/her role and decisions and lead the team to achieve goals.
- Ability to determine and communicate inventory issues as well as recommend solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ensures overall compliance to inventory processes and procedures as well as contractual obligations.
- Make sure that all the established procedures have been followed and make sure that there is effective control on the flow of the inventories and the accounting of inventories with respect to shipping, receiving, etc.
- Provides periodic statistical information to management regarding trends as related to inventory levels, root cause analysis, and ideas for continuous improvement.
- Maintains awareness about the physical slotting locations, capacities, and layouts and makes recommendations to improve the efficiency to facilitate more space allocation and consolidate its stocking locations.
- Compare nomenclature, stock numbers, authorized substitutes, and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists, bids, bills of materials, and similar references to verify accuracy of requisitions and shipping orders.
- Inspects and examines the stocked items and reports to the supervisor immediately in case it is damaged.
- Performs all the inventory data entry functions and is accountable for maintaining the timeliness and accuracy of the inventory statistics for the assigned inventories