Location : New Braunfels, TX 78130
Job Type : Temp to Hire
Compensation : 14.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Responsible for assembling mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, parts, hardware and other door management security products; serving as lead worker in assembly activities; setting up jobs; packing products and other related duties as required.
Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm with some OT and some weekends.
Apply online at www.prima-core.com OR contact our recruiters at 210.647.6076 OR in person at 12315 Judson Rd. #318 78233.
Required Qualifications :
- Assembles mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, parts, hardware and other door management security products using various parts, such as, electronic components, PC boards, covers, plates, boxes, screws, nuts, and wires.
- Operates and uses machines, hand tools, small power tools, voltage meters and testing equipment to assemble and test product.
- Reviews work orders and ensure appropriate level of materials, tools, equipment and resources are available for production functions.
- Reads process sheets and assembles boards and units for standard and custom orders.
- Works from samples, sample drawings, blue prints, schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions. Packages product and prepares for shipping.
- Serve as the lead worker in the production/assembly activities listed above.
- Provides training and assistance to production staff.
- Completes in-process-inspection to ensure production process is as defined in the production work instructions. Puts product on hold/containment for any issues identified.
- Documents and reports all discrepancies between the product and the written specifications per procedures to supervisor and quality immediately.
- Enters daily scrap for inventory control and to for improvement analysis.
- Maintain appearance standards, presence and professional communication skills and ensures employee needs are met: time off request reviewed and timely responses to requests/concerns to ensure a high level of employee dignity and respect.
- Ensure daily communication with each employee a minimum of twice per day. Ensure equal attention among team members to avoid perception of differential treatment.
- Maintain appropriate tools and resources available to employees so they are successful.
- Report building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Responsible for assigned production area oversight, efficiency, productivity, accountability and production as needed. Elimination of loitering of all personnel.
- Ensure production efficiency and effectiveness to minimize backlog to meet business objectives and increase profitability.
- Monitor assigned team members attendance and performance: Document and report assigned team members policy/procedure violation(s) and/or performance deficiencies timely and follow thru with support for applicable and appropriate corrective action.
- Timely and accurate reports: Production productivity, purchase parts shortages, backlogs and inventory needs, maintenance needs, etc.….
- Ensure assigned production work orders are followed. Run what is scheduled to run. Communicate any deviations immediately.
- Begin shift production on time consistently and report delays immediately.
- Shift Production Ownership; efficiency and effectiveness of each assigned area with accuracy of items produced daily.
- Collaborate with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste and customer complaints.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in production output and building sanitation.
- End shift on time consistently and report production delays and production quality concerns and variances immediately to management.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by CLIENT to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills using hand tools, small power tools and soldering iron
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and use of excel
- Ability to distinguish colors for color coding practices
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety or production/assembly related tasks.
- Ability to maintain records; document, compile and organize reports accurately.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally/externally.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, cross-training experience.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Must be able to lift, carry , push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50lbs. occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, objects and operate basic office equipment which are essential aspects of this position.