Line Operator PM Shift
Location : Schertz, TX 78154
Job Type : Temp to Hire
Compensation : 13.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The Line Operator is responsible for ensuring that production and performance are aligned with "Client" Nonwovens US goals and values. This position will also be responsible for ensuring safety rules and guidelines are being followed, reviewing and supporting the production schedule, setting up the production line according to specifications, checking product quality, and working with other departments to ensure all safety and production goals are being met.
- Receive and provide oral and/or written instructions in performing assigned duties.
- Assure all safety guidelines and procedures are being followed.
- Implement and utilize correct LOTO (Lock-Out Tag-Out) procedures.
- Develop and train crew employees and each procedure and practice.
- Review and support the production schedule.
- Work with the supervisor to maintain responsibility for uptime, maintenance, product quality, and safety.
- Report daily metrics of the line performance and cost to the production supervisor and technical team leads.
- Set up the line and implement Process Specifications.
- Maintain and follow all ISO procedures
- Review product specifications for each shift and ensure correct fiber is being used.
- Maintain department in a clean, orderly, and safe fashion.
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding standards of quality, cost, production, efficiency, and waste control.
- Review product specifications and transport fiber from the fiber storage area to the blending line.
- Unload fiber from trucks and stores in the assigned staging area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assure all PM programs are carried out in a timely and correct manner.
- Identify any mechanical problems and notify the correct department.
- Assist the Maintenance Department in repairs as needed.
- Assist and perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or general degree (GED).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Nonwovens' experience is highly preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge and the willingness the learn new computer applications.
- Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must demonstrate cooperation, teamwork, and interpersonal skills in working with other departments.
- Ability to interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as add/subtract/multiply/divide.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
- Must be able to transport or move up to 50+lbs., ability to climb stairs and ladders, and work in tight spaces around machinery.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts every other weekend with when business demands warrant a 24-7 continuous operation.
- Ability to work in a hot/cold manufacturing environment, which ca include standing and/or sitting for the duration of the task.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.