JOB SUMMARY: The overall purpose and general responsibilities of the job.
Is responsible for operating machine shop equipment to produce door management security products or components, setting up and maintaining work area, and other production support related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The fundamental duties and tasks that define the job.
1. Operates punch press, drill press, sander, tapping machine, spin-o-matic, milling machines, kick press and other machine shop equipment to produce security hardware products and/or components.
2. Repairs or reworks units as requested.
3. Inspects machinery and equipment to insure proper and safe operation.
4. Operates and uses various machines, hand tools, small power tools, voltage meters and testing equipment to assemble and test product.
5. Uses appropriate oils and lubricants according to metal and/or machine specifications.
6. Uses various measuring devices or test fixtures and gauges to verify quality of components being produced.
7. Maintains and sets up work area.
8. Works from samples, simple drawings and blue prints as well as written and verbal instructions.
9. Maintains departmental records and logs.
10. Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment as required.
11. Performs related duties as assigned.
Weekly pay/Direct Deposit (every Friday)
Benefit Packages(Health/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Term Life/Short-Term Disability)
Rapid Pay Card
RESPONSIBILITY: Supervision given, accountability, safety, budgeting, spending authority and confidentiality.
Primary responsibility is to operate machine shop equipment to produce parts, hardware and other door management security products.
DIFFICULTY: Judgment, initiative and decision-making.
Follows established guidelines or procedures in performing essential job functions.
GUIDANCE: Supervision received and level of independence.
Employee receives direct supervision when performing the essential job functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working environment and other conditions of employment.
Working conditions are primarily in an enclosed manufacturing facility with temperatures controlled by central heat and air conditioning. Exposure to moderate levels of noise, fumes, oils, lubricants and cleaners on a daily basis; exposure to risks controlled by safety precautions.
SECTION III - JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements for formal education and job related experience.
Graduation from High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate or an equivalent combination of education and/or shop work experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Utilized in the performance of the Essential Functions of the job.
· Mechanical aptitude
· Ability to operate shop machinery and equipment
· Skill in using hand tools and small power tools
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
· Ability to read and work from blueprints and drawings
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
· Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time
· 1 year experience in operating shop machinery and equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical requirements associated with performance of the Essential Job Functions.
Physical requirements include carrying/lifting 20 to 30 lbs. and pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs.; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to work with small parts and operate small hand tools/power tools, computer keyboard, telephone and basic office equipment; subject to standing, sitting, carrying, lifting, twisting and reaching to perform essential job functions.