Maintenance PM Technician
The Preventive Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that preventive maintenance for equipment and tools are performed on a routine basis. This person will complete assigned preventive and repetitive maintenance tasks to ensure optimal equipment efficiency. This includes servo robots and various assembly cells. A good maintenance candidate must have good electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatics. PLC experience preferred but not required.
- 3+ years maintenance experience in construction or manufacturing industry.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. No lifting more than 40 lbs. without an apparatus.
- Good language skills – English and Strong analytical and math skills – English, Metric systems
- Effective interpersonal skills, group leadership skills, and training skills.
- Self-motivated and directly able to perform essential job tasks with minimal supervision and/or outside assistance.
- Experience in Microsoft preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be flexible to work overtime
- Must have valid driver's license & reliable means of transportation.
- Completes preventive maintenance tasks on injection molding equipment and auxiliary equipment per preventive maintenance schedule.
- Conducts regular upkeep of injection molding equipment, including:
- Checking and replacing oil
- Inspecting, replacing belts, hoses and fittings
- Greasing and cleaning moving mechanisms
- Maintaining water, air, heat exchange systems.
- Reviews manufacturers' service manuals, facility's usage schedules, and records of machine repair reports to continuously improve one's preventive maintenance activities.
- Maintains thorough records of activities in completing preventive maintenance schedules and other assigned maintenance functions.
- Uses proper tools for repairs, including hand tools, power tools, and electric meters in performing duties.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Experience in maintenance in support of production.
- Able to read and accurately interpret documentation such as blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical specs.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and testing using actual parts and schematics for equipment. Hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical experience.
- Supports production by building and repairing equipment.
- Should have operational knowledge of all manual tool room equipment. Sets-up equipment by requirements, materials, tolerances, and machine capabilities.
- Verifies quality by measuring results using precision instruments.
- Repair jigs, fixtures, custom machine components, maintenance and modification of existing equipment.
- Experienced in welding – MIG, TIG, Oxy – Acetylene is preferred.
- Utilized computerized central stores system to keep the correct and proper parts available for machine downtime issues.
- Coordinated and planned preventative and predictive maintenance with production to minimize downtime.
- Establish and maintain relationships with qualified suppliers/vendor program.
- Identify task and prepare appropriate response or actions to successful completion. Problem-solving and resolution to meet the business efficiency plan.