Maintenance & Repair Mechanic
Summary: Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned.
Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned.
Weld and use cutting torch as required.
Perform general repairs to plant structures.
Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with head mechanic for approval and repair as needed.
Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards.
Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning.
Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble.
Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools. Replace and install parts as needed.
Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation.
Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
Qualifications (Education/Experience) and Required Skills:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Previous equipment maintenance experience required
• Ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions and schematics in English
• Very strong safety ethics
• Keeps work area clean
• Reports any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the Supervisor immediately
• Operates machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
• Operate a variety of hand tools.
• Must have the ability to read a tape measure
• Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures
• No lifting more than 40 pounds.
• Intermittent bending, lifting, stooping, reaching, walking and squatting.
• Standing for long periods of time.