Material Handler AM Shit
We are seeking a motivated material handler to join our "Client" company- Client is a joint venture between Client and Steel warehouse. This position is responsible for execution of safety standards, achieving daily productivity goals while meeting quality requirements, performing routine maintenance and assisting with maintenance with non-routine maintenance.
WHAT CLIENT OFFERS: Once HIRED ON PERMANENTLY
Our company offers great benefits, from tuition reimbursement to training and development opportunities. We also offer medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, commuter, long-term disability and group life insurance programs. Come join our team!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily/Shift Checklist Inspection of equipment
- Executing the daily production checklist to ensure the equipment is safe and ready for production activities.
- Checking hydraulic/lubrication systems –e.g. Sheet-lifters, conveyors
- Work supplies checklist
- Production paperwork / coil line up and cut instructions are prepared and ready to begin production.
- End of shift reports and checklists are completed.
- TheMaterial Handler is also responsible for the LOADING of out bound plate/sheet for shipment to customers.
- The Material Handler may be cross trained to perform the duties of the Stacker Operator.
- The Material Handler will assist with maintenance of equipment.
- The Material Handler will also perform other duties as assigned. These duties will be within the scope of operator’s personal training and ability.
- Ability to correctly read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Ability to safely meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Ability to maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Demonstrate basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- May be required to demonstrate strong customer relations skills.