ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a motivated material handler:
Steel warehouse. This position is responsible for execution of safety standards, achieving daily productivity goals while meeting quality requirements, performing routine maintenance and assisting with maintenance with non-routine maintenance.
- Follow safe methods of work at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Safely and properly move steel to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, by hand, forklift, overhead crane or other equipment. Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift material and guide loads; to climb onto vehicles to tie down and release material being loaded. This is continuous daily activity.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds for up to 25 feet to heights of 5 feet; exert 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects, reach, squat, stand, walk up to 5 miles per day, climb up stairs, ladders and on equipment while wearing required personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Apply proper bundling techniques.
- Configure load based on planned route including multiple stops.
- Maximize load capacity on trailer without sacrificing safety.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned tools and equipment, including but not limited to tape measure, caliper, hammer, pallet trucks, banding machine, micrometer, beam hooks, plate lifting clamps, forklift, overhead crane and personal protective equipment;
- Determine safety issues pertaining to equipment and promptly report them.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions including precipitation, cold/heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. The Material Handler will be regularly exposed to the typical weather of the local area.
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects.
- Judge near and far distance to maintain awareness of ongoing work activities of other people and equipment in the area.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to correctly read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Ability to safely meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Ability to maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Demonstrate basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- May be required to demonstrate strong customer relations skills.
Please call 832-460-5128
Apply at www.prima-core.com