JOB SUMMARY: The overall purpose and general responsibilities of the job.
Is responsible for the preparation of custom and standard security products for final assembly; cutting, welding, sanding, painting, silk-screening and assembling various metal plates/products; and other production support related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The fundamental duties and tasks that define the job.
1. Prepares and assembles custom and standard products for final assembly.
2. Cuts, drills and punches various metal parts following detailed written instructions or diagrams.
3. Uses various shop tools, such as welding machine, drill press, paint sprayer, sander, table saw, metal bender/shear, grinder, chop/jig saw, and silk screen equipment to finish products.
4. Cuts, drills, and taps ferrous and non-ferrous metals and plastics.
5. Welds studs to product plates.
6. Prepares and finishes plates by filling in holes, sanding, priming, and painting.
7. Packages plates and sends to production.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Utilized in the performance of the Essential Functions of the job.
· Knowledge of various metal fabrication techniques and procedures
· Knowledge of various metal finishing techniques and procedures
· Knowledge of and skill in using various machine shop tools
· Skill in working with various metals, plastics and paints
· Skill in performing shop mathematics
· Skill in reading and working from drawings, schematics and written instructions
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
· Experience in a manufacturing environment