Municipal Utility Techs
Utility Worker Tech
We are seeking Utility Techs. This position is responsible for performing a variety of utility labor for the repair, construction, and maintenance of the water distribution and wastewater collection system.
- Performs manual labor work, to include installation of pipes and fittings, for the repair, construction, and maintenance of water and wastewater Excavates and back-fills trenches in order to complete
- Loads and unloads Stocks vehicles with necessary equipment
- Cleans, organizes and maintains facilities, tools and Observes and promotes all established safety
- May assist with the set-up of work zone barricades and signs for traffic Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds frequently and 105 pounds occasionally; pushing a maximum force of 100 pounds; pulling a maximum force of 150 pounds. If assigned to the concrete crew, physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally. If assigned to the asphalt crew, physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds frequently and 105 pounds occasionally.
Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling and working in cramped and strained positions for long periods of time to perform job scope. Requires visual acuity and speech and hearing. Working conditions are primarily outside with frequent exposure to inclement weather; wastewater; mechanical, electrical, chemical and confined space hazards; offensive fumes; excessive noise; heavy traffic; deep excavations; and animals, snakes and poisonous insects. May be required to comply with requirements as specified in applicable regulations for personal protective equipment, including clearance for use of respiratory protection and other associated equipment.
***Candidates must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and other irregular hours that can change with little to no notice. For example: shifts range from 8 to 12 hours, 4+ days a week, and may require overtime.
Temporary personnel will need to wear jeans and long-sleeved shirts. Note: All PPE (personal protective equipment) will be provided by the Company.
Position Status: Full Time- 40 hours per week, some overtime possibly
LIST OF EQUIPMENT THAT MAY BE USED
The following equipment is currently considered to be generally appropriate for this position. Additional equipment not on this list must be of similar size, weight and complexity that the employee will be using.
Water Trench Pump
Shoring Boards & Jacks
Trench Pump Hose
Copper Tubing Rolls
Assorted Size Ladders
Assorted Size Shovels
Maul & Other Hand Tools
If assigned to the Asphalt Crew:
Tack Oil Wand
Flat Nose Shovel
- 3 years of utility work on a construction site or working for a city, state or federal government utilities entity
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test process
- Must have one of the following experience; Construction, Plumbing, Water/Wastewater, Use of Hand-tools, Concrete/Asphalt, Backhoe, Loader, Construction Equipment,
- Must be able to work within the U.S. based on I-9 Immigration Reform Act
- Knowledge of materials, tools, and equipment typically used in maintenance or Knowledge of hazards and safety measures as they apply to the type of work being performed.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform all physical requirements
- Ability to work in adverse weather
- Ability to communicate clearly and ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and general
- Must own and wear work gloved and steel toe boots
PrimaCore Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.