Overhead Crane Operator
Location : San Antonio, TX 78226
Job Type : Temp to Hire
Compensation : 13.50 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : HS/GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking a motivated Production Equipment Operator to join our business. This is a steel production equipment operator position responsible for properly reading and executing work orders to timely meet customer requirements. This non-exempt (hourly) position typically reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor or Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities. The position requires working in accordance with Client job requirements and Safe Methods of Work.
Overtime hours may be required to meet our customers’ needs. This position is from 5pm-2am OR till finish. Training is on first shift.
Required Qualifications :
- Follow Client methods of work at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Load and unload material according to work orders to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and safely operate tools and equipment as assigned, including but not limited to tape measure, overhead crane and personal protective equipment.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds for up to 20 feet to heights of 5 feet; exert 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects, reach, squat, stand, walk up to 2 miles per day, climb up stairs, ladders and on equipment while wearing required personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects.
- Use clear vision to judge near and far distance to maintain awareness of ongoing work activities of other employees.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions including precipitation, cold/heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. The Production Equipment Operator will be regularly exposed to the typical weather of the local area.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to correctly read and understand work orders and/or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Ability to effectively use basic computers or electronic devices.
- Demonstrate intermediate math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to safely meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; work alone and in a team environment.
- Develop a good working knowledge of material and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Ability to maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Ability to pay attention to details, complete accurate orders
- Must demonstrate safety first and follow all company safety guidelines, policies or procedures.