Under general supervision, is responsible for performing work orders,
receiving, storing, and issuing supplies and equipment parts. Maintains
inventory of equipment and supplies.
Essential Job Functions
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items,
requisitions, or invoices.
- Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
- Prepares requisitions, orders, or other documentation required for
purchasing or requisitioning new or additional stock items.
- Compiles stock-control records, consumption data, consumption rates,
- and related factors to establish or recommend stock levels or
- Maintains orders and cleanliness in stockroom.
- Follows up on the status of parts ordered to ensure timely receipt.
- Maintains parts information on computer files.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required
Time: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas
Education Agency or a regional accrediting agency).
- One (1) year of experience in stockroom work.
- Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's License
- Building & Equipment Services
- Convention Facilities
- Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Information Technology Services
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Works
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of parts and supplies for all types of vehicles.
- Knowledge of record keeping and inventory procedures, practices, and
- Knowledge of inventory control practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Skill in utilizing a calculator and computer.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software
- Skill in operating a calculator or adding machine.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in
- Ability to prepare and keep stock records.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position.
Physical requirements include frequently lifting/carrying up to 50
pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and
manual dexterity necessary to operate basic office equipment. Subject
to walking, standing, sitting, reaching, and crouching to perform
essential functions. Working conditions are both inside and outside
with exposure to temperature extremes, a dirty environment, and high